The Alida Offers Special Package & Cocktail to Raise Funds for Cancer-Fighting Nonprofit
For every package booked, $50 of the hotel rate will be donated back to Pelotonia for cancer research.
Now through September, The Alida, Savannah’s premier boutique hotel, is partnering with Pelotonia, a not-for-profit organization fighting against cancer, by offering the Anyone Can Be a Legend Package. For every package booked, $50 of the hotel rate will be donated back to Pelotonia for cancer research.
Paying tribute to Pelotonia’s annual cycling fundraiser, each Pelotonia-themed guest room includes a Peloton bike and Peloton-inspired workout accessories for guests to use throughout their stay. Pelotonia-logoed items are also available for purchase from Keep Shop, the hotel’s 24-hour emporium.
In addition to the stay package, The Alida is also offering a Pelotonia-themed cocktail on its drink menus at The Lost Square and Rhett. A portion of the proceeds from the special cocktail, Summer Feelin’, will also be donated to Pelotonia.
Summer Feelin’ Recipe:
- 1.5 oz. Rhum Agricole
- .25 oz. Aloe Chareau
- 1 oz. Watermelon Juice
- .75 oz. Lime Juice
- .5 oz. Rich Cane Syrup
- 1 Dash Celery Bitters (Fee Brothers)
- Garnish: Lime Wedge, Half Salt Rim
- Glassware: Coupe
- Build: Add all ingredients to a shaker, add ice, shake, double strain into half salted rimmed coupe glass, garnish with lime wedge.
Rich Cane Syrup
- 2 parts Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 part water
- Weigh out 2 parts sugar to 1 part water (example 500 grams sugar, 250 grams water) add water first to blender, fold in sugar and blend until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cut rind off of the watermelon, cut into 1-inch strips, run through juicer. Strain through metal sieve or cheese cloth. Weigh out watermelon juice. multiply number by .0005 and add that number of ascorbic acid to juice. Stir and dissolve. Example if 1k grams watermelon juice do 1000X.0005=0.5 add .5 grams ascorbic acid.