St. Patrick’s Day Festivities Keep Flowing
Savannah’s Shamrock Ships Flotilla announces music and entertainment lineup, along with parade grand marshal and procession schedule.
The inaugural Shamrock Ships Flotilla has only one agenda: to keep the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day alive in the Hostess City. The resilient spirit of Savannah shines through adversity yet again as the Flotilla sets sail on March 17, 2021 at 12 p.m. (through 3 p.m.).
A flotilla is “a fleet of ships or boats, especially” or “a procession of vessels,” and is a perfect alternative to Savannah’s traditional St. Patrick’s Day parade. The show must go on—safely—and what better way to celebrate the day than with a flotilla down the iconic Savannah River? Organizers are delighted to announce the music & entertainment line up plus we are overjoyed to announce that the first year grand marshal is newly appointed State of Georgia Fire Marshal Craig Landolt. This position of honor will lead the first grouping of vessels then join the judges at the Shamrock Ships Soiree as his time allows.
The Flotilla estimates a procession of over 40 vessels decked out in St. Patrick’s Day attire floating through Lowcountry waterways, passing the Savannah Convention Center and then returning to home ports of call. Looking to build on the joy that the city’s traditional St. Patrick’s Day street parade provides, Savannah’s Shamrock Ships Flotilla offers viewers an experience that includes built-in health and safety measures.
A portion of proceeds from vessel registrations, ticket sales & people’s choice voting will be donated to area charities through the Savannah Harbor Foundation.
Voting for People’s Choice of “ship” is open now through March 19th at www.boatvotes.com. Fifty percent of net funds will be awarded to the winning “ship” captain and 50% will be donated to a local charity through the Savannah Harbor Foundation.
Join the Shiny Shamrock Auction presented by International Diamond Center supporting Undefeated Warrior The Anthony M. Lanier II Foundation—pre-bids open at shamrockships.com/idc-auction.
Timing: Shamrock Soiree open from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Flotilla will pass the Convention Center 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
How To Watch or Participate: Register your own vessel, charter one from the fleet, attend the limited capacity event at the Convention Center, or watch on SavannahCams.com!
Boat Registration: $40 Individual, $250 Business https://risingtidetickets.com/e/shamrockships
VERY LIMITED Soiree Tickets: $0.00 – $30.00 https://risingtidetickets.com/e/shamrocksoiree
Parking: Convention Center parking is available for a small $5 fee.
- 11:15am: Bagpipes
- 12pm: Harry O’Donahue starts set
- 1:00pm: Grand Marshal Craig Landolt will pass Convention Center on the 24e Piloted by Ruel Joyner, park at Trade Center and bagpipes will escort him to his seating area
- 1-3pm: Vessels will pass the convention at socially distant distances
- 1:15pm: Riverboat will pass convention center
- 2:30pm: Riverboat makes second pass
- 3:30 Special Ceremony at Convention Center
Music, Entertainment & More
- 11am: Bagpipes
- 11:30am: Irish Dancers of Savannah
- 12pm – 2pm: Harry O’Donahue
- 1pm: Bagpipes
- 2:30pm: Irish Dancers of Savannah
- 2:45pm: Bagpipes
- 3pm – 5pm: CC Witt
Savannah Food Truck Force Partners:
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Pie Society
- Bowtie BBQ
Vendors & Partners
- International Diamond Center – ShopIDC.com
- Connect Savannah – ConnectSavannah.com
- Freedom Boat Club – FreedomBoatClub.com
- Greenbriar Children’s Center – GreenbriarChildrensCenter.com
- Savannah Harbor Foundation Shiny Shamrock Auction – SavannahHarborFoundation.org
- TACKL Health providing Antigen Testing – tacklhealth.com
- Superior Alliance Benefits – superioralliancebenefits.com/
- SACG, LLC Security – securityacg.com/security-consulting/
Featured Cocktails & Wines from the Savannah Convention Center Bar:
- Slane Irish Whiskey Sour
- Slane Irish Coffee
- Finlandia Oaks Lily
- Unshackled Wines
- Craig Landolt – Grand Marshal & Georgia State Fire Marshal
- David Moses, Founder, Shamrock Ships Flotilla
- Tara Reese, President, Savannah Irish Festival
- Mark Spadoni, Founder, Savannah Harbor Foundation
- Dan Pavlin, President, Savannah Harbor Foundation
- Sonny Hughley, Founder, My City Savannah Tours
- Renee La Salle, I-95 Radio Host & Star of Live Like Locals
- KOTTER & MARSHALL from Rock 106.1
More details on the Shamrock Ships Flotilla and the Shamrock Ships Soiree are available at ShamrockShips.com.
COVID Precautions: Rising Tide Experiences keep guests’ safety and health at the top of their priorities, providing this event with all the recommended safety and social distancing measures. While these measures may change based on recommendations, organizers are planning health and safety protocols with more details at shamrockships.com.
Participants can register as an individual or company-sponsored vessel to win cash and other prizes for Best Decoration, People’s Choice and Best Spirit! Those without a boat of their own can charter one for groups of 6, 12 and 16 from Outside Savannah’s Fleet which includes a Coast Guard-rated captain. The Flotilla can be viewed at SavannahCams.com remotely or organizers will offer socially distant viewing at the Official Shamrock Ships Soiree. Guests will enjoy plenty of space, a family-friendly atmosphere, live music, festive drinks, traditional Irish foods from premiere food trucks, and vendor experiences. Parking is available at the Convention Center for only $5 or you can arrive by the free Savannah Belle’s Ferry.