Savannah Helps Louisiana!
As you most likely have heard by now, Baton Rouge, Louisiana has been facing some serious flooding. To aid those in need, on Friday Aug. 26, Savannah Helps Lousiana ( #SAVforLA ) will be broadcasting live outside of The Home Depot from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. If you haven’t had your chance to gather any donations for their important cause, now is the time to do so!
The items needed are as follows:
Toiletries (deodorant, razors, feminine hygiene supplies, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, hand sanitizer)
Food (non-perishable foods, peanut butter, snacks, bottled water)
Baby supplies (baby wipes, formula, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, baby food, diaper cream, medicines such as ibuprofen, motrin, etc.)
Animal needs (dry dog food, dry cat food, horse feed, leashes, cat litter)
Cleaning supplies (bleach, detergent, air freshener, mops, brooms, scrub brushes, scouring pads, sponges, rubber gloves, trash bags, paper towels, masks)
Demo help (wheelbarrows, gaffers tape, hand trucks, furniture dolly)
Home goods (pillows, sheets, blankets, towels, sleeping bags)
Clothing (new undergarments –children and adult – socks, pajamas)
Miscellaneous (ice chests, box fans, school supplies, big plastic totes/Tupperware containers, batteries)
SBank (120 Drayton Street ), along with the following locations, are serving as drop-off stations for your donations:
• Nine Line Apparel – 1732 E President Street
• Satchel – 4 E Liberty
• Habersham Branch YMCA – 6400 Habersham St
• Glow Medical Spa – 415 Eisenhower Dr #6
• Kimball's Mobile Electronics – 2313 Abercorn St.
• South Magazine – 116 Bull Street
• Dozier Worldwide Cranes – 156 Pine Barron Rd
• Green Frog Sleep Center – 7501 Abercorn Street
• Keller Williams Downtown – 124 Habersham St
• Wiley's BBQ – 4700 US Hwy 80
• Michael Gaster & Assoc. – 140 Johnny Mercer Blvd (Mercer Plaza)
• Johnnie Ganem's – 501 Habersham St
• TailsSpin – Ardsley Park: 4501 Habersham St.
• TailsSpin – Pooler: 473 Pooler Parkway
• TailsSpin – Whitemarsh Island: 4717 US Hwy 80 East
(If you want to buy any items for the LA animals at any TailsSpin location they will give you 10% off of your purchase! Just mention: "Louisiana Project" at check out!)
Courtney Rawlins, a co-host of the cause, says, “Crystal, another co-host, is from Louisiana so she couldn’t not help. She had to show that Southern hospitality.” Courtney, herself, who was already going to be nearby visiting family in Mississippi, says, “It’s the right thing to do. We have to help our fellow man. We’re coastal too; it could happen to us.”
Be sure to check out their Facebook Page here, and don’t forget to donate this weekend!