Healthy Living Is the Key
At Family Medicine of Pooler, it’s all about you
It seems like these days everyone is looking for the quick fix—the easy weight-loss program, the seven (or preferably fewer) secrets to better health. But here’s a radical thought: What if the secret to getting healthy was to—get this—live healthy? It’s a simple concept you’ll find illustrated beautifully at Family Medicine of Pooler. Husband and wife duo Drs. Pete and Christi Ghaleb met in med school and moved to the area after graduating. After a few years in traditional practice, they noticed a disturbing trend: The standard model of medicine was broken. The demands of insurance meant they were spending less and less time with patients, which had a negative impact on the care they were able to give.
So the couple found a better way: Direct Primary Care. This revolutionary model puts the focus back where it belongs: the patient. As such, it gives them the opportunity to truly personalize care for a patient’s health to the point where they’re not just treating afflictions. They’re creating healthy lifestyles that affect positive change the way it’s meant to be: slowly and permanently for a healthier life in the long run. Their unique focus on a patient’s lifestyle, made possible by the Direct Primary Care model, gives them an intimate knowledge of a patient’s needs and guides them toward changes they can make for a healthier tomorrow.
Drs. Pete Ghaleb & Christi Ghaleb
Christi Ghaleb, M.D. and Pete Ghaleb, M.D. met in medical school before moving to the Savannah area in 2002. After practicing at Memorial Health for eight years, they opened their own practice in 2010. As the practice grew, Dr. Christi stepped in to more of the clinical physician role while Dr. Pete shifted his attention to running the practice side of things. Their synergistic approach, born from years of marital bliss, makes for a practice that runs smoothly while giving patients the utmost in quality care.
Don’t confuse a healthy lifestyle with a diet.
→ Consider it like running a sprint—a diet will help you lose weight in the short term, but the emphasis it places on a slimmer waist will only lead to a gradual return to form. A healthy lifestyle is more long-term-oriented, and it’s easier than you think. Just find small changes, like finding strategic ways to incorporate fitness and movement into your everyday life. Take your family time for example—instead of sitting down watching a movie, take the kids on a bike ride. Get everyone up and active, make it a part of the daily routine and you’ll change your life by degrees, making it easier to make that change permanent.
6 apps to support a healthy lifestyle
1. Strava: Run, Ride, Swim (free/subscription options) This app tracks your activity whileproviding you with personal stats.
2. Couch to 5k ($2.99) This app has helped many beginners run a 5k in just nine weeks, spending 20-30 minutes, three times a week.
3. ClassPass Go (free) Take one of the 600+ classes from world-class instructors you are sure to find the perfect workout.
4. Headspace Meditation (free/subscription options) With a variety of guided meditations this app will help you practice mindfulness in all areas of your life.
5. Yoga Studio: Mind & Body (free week/subscription options) Advance your yoga skills with video classes ranging from 5 to 60 minutes.
6. Good Morning – Alarm Clock ($4.99) This app detects your lightest sleep phase and wakes you gently during this sleep phase and tracks your sleep quality.
Family Medicine of Pooler/ 433 US Highway 80 W, Pooler, GA / 912.748.1100 / familymedicineofpooler.com