From Wags to Riches: Rescue Dog Pampered at The Alida
Shillow was discovered in the front yard of a house in extremely poor condition by Christy Graham of Christy’s Critters Pet Sitting.
Shillow, the local rescue dog from Savannah, Ga., sure had a great day when she visited The Alida hotel for some pampering this past Monday.
The story begins last week when Shillow was discovered in the front yard of a house in extremely poor condition by Christy Graham of Christy’s Critters Pet Sitting. When Christy posted the matted pup to Facebook along with a cry for help, good samaritan Chelsea Phillips stepped in and took Shillow into her care. With help from Dapper Dan’s Dog Grooming and plenty of newfound love, Shillow was given a second chance at a happy life and is now up for adoption at Coastal Pet Rescue.
The Alida, known for its pet-friendly reputation, heard of Shillow’s rescue and got in touch with Chelsea right away to welcome Shillow on property for a whole day of much-deserved spoiling. Her visit was as follows:
- Arrival: Shillow was greeted with a personalized welcome sign, plus several toys from the property’s Keep Shop and treats from pet supply store Woof Gang Bakery. She even got a brand-new dog tag that gives her VIP Status at the hotel “fur” life.
- Lunch at Rhett, the property’s on-site restaurant: She was served airline chicken with a celery and carrot puree crafted by Chef Johnny, and to wash it down, a berry infused bowl of water
- Walk: After lunch, Shillow took a walk in Plant Riverside and relaxed in the poolside cabana before dessert
- Dessert: Shillow headed to The Trade Room where she enjoyed a maple-bacon crème brulee topped with dog treat crumble
- End of the night: She capped off her time at The Alida with a refreshing “Pupjito,” made with water, muddled strawberries and a dash of mint.
To help encourage her adoption by a loving family, The Alida is offering a staycation and The Woof Gang will provide a shopping spree at their City Market location to take care of Shillow’s needs.
About The Alida
The Alida is a 173-room boutique hotel situated on historic Savannah’s River Street in the burgeoning Plant Riverside District. Offering a number of charming spaces and experiences waiting to be discovered, The Alida features a heated and chilled year-round saltwater pool with private cabanas, The Lost Square outdoor rooftop bar, Rhett, southern coastal cuisine, The Trade Room chic lobby bar and Keep Shop retail experience. For special occasions or meetings of the minds, The Alida blends timeless beauty and Southern hospitality along the picturesque Savannah River for gatherings of 20 to 200 people. Nostalgic and graceful, industrial yet curated, curious and always custom – The Alida offers a distinct design perspective and unique representation of local artists, makers and thinkers with each guestroom and suite adorned with a one-of-a-kind element created by the renowned Savannah College of Art & Design.