From Wags to Riches: Rescue Dog Pampered at The Alida
Shillow was discovered in the front yard of a house in extremely poor condition by Christy Graham of Christy’s Critters Pet Sitting.
Shillow, the local rescue dog from Savannah, Ga., sure had a great day when she visited The Alida hotel for some pampering this past Monday.
The story begins last week when Shillow was discovered in the front yard of a house in extremely poor condition by Christy Graham of Christy’s Critters Pet Sitting. When Christy posted the matted pup to Facebook along with a cry for help, good samaritan Chelsea Phillips stepped in and took Shillow into her care. With help from Dapper Dan’s Dog Grooming and plenty of newfound love, Shillow was given a second chance at a happy life and is now up for adoption at Coastal Pet Rescue.
- Arrival: Shillow was greeted with a personalized welcome sign, plus several toys from the property’s Keep Shop and treats from pet supply store Woof Gang Bakery. She even got a brand-new dog tag that gives her VIP Status at the hotel “fur” life.
- Lunch at Rhett, the property’s on-site restaurant: She was served airline chicken with a celery and carrot puree crafted by Chef Johnny, and to wash it down, a berry infused bowl of water
- Walk: After lunch, Shillow took a walk in Plant Riverside and relaxed in the poolside cabana before dessert
- Dessert: Shillow headed to The Trade Room where she enjoyed a maple-bacon crème brulee topped with dog treat crumble
- End of the night: She capped off her time at The Alida with a refreshing “Pupjito,” made with water, muddled strawberries and a dash of mint.
About The Alida