While it may be coated in a flowery language of florals and citrus plants, aromatherapy is grounded in hard science.
The fact is, fragrance has a huge well-documented impact on emotional state. The delicate salty air of the sea. The buttery sweetness of a candy store. The savory delights of home cooking. Each scent puts you in a state of relaxation, delight or anticipation. It’s this science that has lead to the rising prominence of home diffusers. Forget the old scented candles or Plug-Ins. Diffusers, like the Aera pictured, fill the air with fragrance on a molecular level, creating rich scents that relax, inspire or invigorate – whichever you pick. Pick the oils of your choice and create your own blends to suit your mood — it’s basically like Spotify for your nose. aeraforhome.com
7 Benefits of Using an Essential Oil Diffuser
1. Diffusing Essential Oils Promotes Better Sleep
2. Diffusing Essential Oils Boosts Our Resilience Against Cold and Flu
3. Diffusing Essential Oils Clears the Lungs and Supports Respiratory Health
4. Diffusing Essential Oils Hones Focus and Cognitive Function
5. Diffusing Essential Oils Supports Emotional Health
6. Diffusing Essential Oils Offers a Safe Alternative to Candles
7. Diffusing Essential Oils Repels Insects
Importance of Aromatherapy Massage
During an aromatherapy massage, you inhale these essential oil molecules or absorb them through your skin. They are thought to promote beneficial changes in your mind and body by affecting the limbic system, a region of the brain known to influence the nervous system.