Why You Should Come to the Savannah Food & Wine Festival
It's that time again! The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is guaranteed to be bigger and better this year. Come out to enjoy the best in food and culinary events.
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival, presented by Publix will be celebrating its sixth year this November 5 – 11, 2018. Several new events have been added to the final schedule, along with an impressive list of award-winning guest celebrity chefs, local chefs, wine and beverage experts, and cookbook authors. New this year – My Fest Friend free App, which will allow guest to rate their favorite beverages at the Grand Reserve Tasting, River Street Stroll and Taste of Savannah. The My Fest Friend App can be downloaded in the App Store or on Google play.
Schedule of Events:
• Master Class Series – Tuesday, November 6 – Friday, November 11, Chef Darin’s Kitchen Table and Peregrin, rooftop at the Perry Lane Hotel
• NEW Event: Whisky on the Water, presented by Slane Distillery and The Alida Hotel – Tuesday, November 6, from 7 – 9:00 pm, The Lost Square, The Alida Hotel rooftop
• James Beard Foundation, Celebrity Chef Tour dinner, presented by the Savannah Morning News – Wednesday, November 7 at 6:30 pm, Perry Lane Hotel – SOLD Out.
• The Grand Reserve Tasting – Thursday, November 8, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
• Secret Savannah Speakeasy, presented by Eat It and Like It, Savannah Morning News, Do Savannah – Thursday, November 8, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
• Riverboat Luncheon Cruise, “Secrets of the Southern Table” with Virginia Willis – Friday, November 9, 12 – 2:30 pm, Savannah Riverboat Cruises
• River Street Stroll, presented by Delicato Family Vineyards – Friday, November 9, 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Rousakis Plaza
• Q-Masters, Chefs + Vets, presented by Big Green Egg – Friday, November 10, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
• NEW Event: Rise & Shine, Coffee, Crepes + Champagne – Saturday, November 10, 9 – 11 am, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
• Taste of Savannah – Saturday, November 10, 1 – 4:00 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
• NEW Expanded VIP Lounge: VIP Lounge at the Taste of Savannah, presented by Publix, Santa Margherita and South Magazine – Saturday, November 10, 1 – 4 pm, Georgia State
• Railroad Museum - *VIP Lounge tickets include early festival grounds access at 12:30 and VIP Parking on site.
• NEW Event: A Chefs Collaborative, presented by Kimpton Restaurants + Bars and South Magazine – Saturday, November 10, 7 pm, PACCI Italian Kitchen + Bar
• NEW Event: Jazz & Bubbles Brunch – Sunday, November 11, 12 – 2:30 pm – Savannah Riverboat Cruises
• NEW Event: East + West BBQ – Sunday, November 11, 1 – 4 pm, The Alida Hotel poolside deck
The Main Event
Taste of Savannah, Saturday, November 10, 2018, from 1 – 4 pm at the Georgia Railroad Museum, presented by the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport
The main event is bigger and better than ever with a record number of beverage tasting varietals and participating restaurants. The VIP Lounge has been expanded with additional culinary stations and bars, along with doubling its footprint in size. Some new and not to miss things to do and see at the Taste of Savannah include:
• NEW: “Sparkling Garden”, presented by Dasani Sparkling Water and the Savannah Morning News – the Sparkling Fountain, with sparkling wines flowing all day, will be the surefire main attraction! The sparkling and bubbly place to be, with artisans and restaurant booths included inside the Blacksmith Shop.
• NEW: Guinness Tasting Experience, presented by Guinness, with special chef’s tasting bites, prepared on the Big Green Egg, paired with beer samples
• TasteMakers in the Round, presented by Atlanta Magazine
• Main Stage Cooking Demonstrations, presented by the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport
• Meet the Makers Stages, presented by Atlanta Magazine
Main Stage, presented by Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport
• 1 – 1:45 pm: “Popcorn Shrimp & Pickled Okra”, Paul Fehribach, Big Jones, Chicago, IL
• 2 – 2:45 pm: “Georgia Wild Caught Shrimp Crudo with Simple Man Vodka Tomato Jam”, Matthew Raiford, The Farmer & The Larder and Southern Provisions, Brunswick, GA
• 3 – 3:45 pm: “Pan Fried Buttermilk Chicken, Saffron Grits, Tomato Gravy”, Resident Chef, Tony Charbonnet, Publix, Jacksonville, FL
Les Dames d’Escoffier, Atlanta Stage, presented by Atlanta Magazine
• 1:00 – 1:30 pm: “Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup”, Cynthia Graubart, Chef/Author, Atlanta, GA
• 1:45 – 2:15 pm: “Coq Au Vin”, Savannah Sasser, Executive Chef, The Expat, Athens, GA
• 2:30 – 3:00 pm: “The Joy & Flavors that Come out of Grapes”, Tiffanie Barriere, Mixologist, Atlanta, GA
• 3:15 – 3:45 pm: “Apple, Cranberry & Pecan Galette with Chantilly Cream”, Jennifer Booker, Chef/Author, Atlanta, GA
Les Dames d’Escoffier, Savannah Stage, presented by Atlanta Magazine
• 1 – 1:30 pm: “Farmers Market Pickling”, Lauren Teague, PACCI Italian Kitchen + Bar, Savannah, GA
• 1:45 – 2:15 pm: “Benne Seed Cookies”, Martha Nesbit, Author/Chef, Savannah, GA
• 2:30 – 3:00 pm: “Tomato Bredie over Putu”, Cynthia Creighton-Jones, Chef, Savannah, GA
• 3:15 – 3:45 pm: “The Fermented South with the Food Alchemist”, Jovan Sage, Sage’s Larder, Brunswick, GA
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Stage, presented by Atlanta Magazine
• 1:15 – 1:45 pm: “Pulled Duck Confit, Broken Chestnuts, Fennel Cream”, Sebastien Rondier, Brabo, Alexandria, VA
• 2:00 – 2:30 pm: “Whole Hog Porchetta”, Robert Hoffman, Angeline’s, Charlotte, NC
• 2:45 – 3:15 pm: “Trailer baby Crackers with Crab Salad & Pimento Cheese”, Daniel Gorman, Henley, Nashville, TN
• 3:30 – 4:00 pm: “Moroccan Spice Cured Salmon, Chermoula, Cumin Yogurt and Pita”, Adam Barnett, Katherine Brasserie & Bar, Winston-Salem, NC
Big Green Egg Stage
• 1:00 – 1:45 pm: “Char Sul Pork Steam Buns with Warm Fall Medley Salad”, Tim Nelson, One Hot Mama’s, Hilton Head island, SC
• 2:00 – 2:45 pm: “5 Spiced Pork Belly with Herb Salad with Tamarind Dressing”, Bob Cook, Executive Chef, Edmond’s Oast, Charleston, SC
• 3:00 – 3:45 pm: “BBQ Pork Steaks”, BJ Dennis, The Gullah Chef, Charleston, SC
Georgia Grown Stage
• 1:30 – 2:00 pm: “One-Skillet Soy-Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Ginger and Infused Peanut Oil Sweet Potatoes and Mustard Greens”, Olivia Rader, Chef, Georgia Grown
• 2:15 – 2:45 pm: “Gator & Grits”, Todd White, Chef, Georgia Grown
• 3:00 – 3:30 pm: “One-Skillet Soy-Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Ginger and Infused Peanut Oil Sweet Potatoes and Mustard Greens”, Olivia Rader, Chef, Georgia Grown
*Tasting Samples Limited to the first 200 people per session. Authors will be scheduled to sign their books after their sessions in the Celebrity Author’s Tent.
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is a non-profit event, benefiting various Savannah charitable organizations and its own Coastal Hospitality Education Foundation (CHEF), providing educational scholarships for culinary and hospitality students in the Coastal Empire and the Lowcountry. The festival takes place throughout Savannah, November 5 – 11, 2018 with celebrity chefs and winemakers, connoisseur dinners, one-of-a-kind culinary, spirits and wine experiences. To download high resolution images courtesy of the Savannah Food & Wine Festival click HERE. The most up to date festival information is available on the website at savannahfoodandwinefestival.com; Twitter: twitter.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Instagram: instagram.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Facebook: facebook.com/SavannahFoodandWineFestival.